In-Home Therapy

by ashling-byrne. Posted on Sep 10, 2020    0    1

Hello all!

I hope that you are all keeping well in these uncertain times!

I am a therapist and special education teacher from Toronto, Ontario, currently working at a private school. I have knowledge and experience with both the ABA and the DIR model. I have worked at centres, in-home, private schools, and public schools, with children with various special needs, and I would really like to offer my own services privately.

I am just wondering if anyone has any idea on how I can make this transition in starting my own in-home therapy business? Are there any particular licenses I would need to get? Or is there is any way I could make myself recognized by the government so parents can get subsidy to pay for my services?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!


DoctorSweetheart 1

I'm not sure how liability insurance works in Canada, but this is a big hurdle in the US. Most in-home services are provided by large agencies because of this.