Here's my method and some issues:
I commission a lot of work on Fiverr, most of it being repeat orders. Needless to say, the platform is not the best setup for such repeat orders or even project tracking beyond a simple doing/done for the one ordered task.
To manage the freelancers I have hacked together a system which is constantly evolving and currently looks as follows:
- Trello for project definition and task management
- Fiverr for freelancer search and task awards e.g. scrape 100 entries
- Fiverr for communications with the freelancer
- Google Calendar to remind me of task due dates and need to schedule and award subsequent recurring tasks
- Google Sheets and Airtable for the freelancer to update with record of what he/she has done
- Fiverr for payments
- Fiverr for awarding subsequent/continued project tasks to the same freelancer e.g. scrape the next 100 entries
The above system works though leaves a lot to be desired. Off the top of my head, here's my top 3 annoyances:
- Not set up for recurring orders or ongoing collaboration
- No easy, simple way to create projects and repeat tasks - and link payments to milestones etc
- Manual onboarding of every new freelancer / virtual assistant (templates for this are now fairly well established but can still be a pain)
So question - how do you manage your freelancers / virtual assistants?
A SaaS idea is brewing in my head...